• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State Childcare Licensing Regulation Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

susiescottage

What is the name of your state? California

CCLD (Childcare Licensing Division) has decided that I have violated the terms of my license as they claim I do not live in my home according to Gov. Code 224 which states:

In determining the place of residence the follwoing rules shall be observed:
(a) It is the place where one remains when not called elsewhere for labor or other special or temporary purposes, and to which he or she returns in seasons of repose.
(b) There can only be one residence.
(c) A residence cannot be lost until another is gained.
(g) A married person shall have the right to retain his or her legal residence in the State of California notwithstanding the legal residence or domicile of his or her spouse.

I believe this to be rediculous. My place of business IS my legal residence. I am registered to vote there, receive all of my mail there, have my bedroom, clothing and toiletries there, etc, etc, etc.

They are basing their decision on three calls that they have received in the past 3 years (2 jealous childcare providers and one disgruntaled employee).

My boyfriend owns a home on the other side of town and I do spend the night there often. We have been together for 12 years and I am finding that people are having a hard time accepting that we are not married and I believe I am being discriminated against.

When the licensing agent came to my home, he even asked me "What is your plan for living arrangements when you get married" I stated to him that I never mentioned getting married and did not believe that my marital status was his, or anyone else's, business. He stated that it is his business and further said that "people he interviewed by phone refered to my boyfriend as my "fiancee" Again I stated that it was not his business, and that anyone can claim anything they wish, but it does not make it so.

What can I do! I am planning to appeal this decision, but would like some verbage to back me...HELP to extract this agency from my personal life and wrights! :mad:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">