• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ques on termination of rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harley831

What is the name of your state?PA

My 2 older boys bio father is in prison and has been in and out for yrs this time he's been there for the last 5 yrs and just got 3 more yrs for stabbing someone in jail. He voluntarly gave up his visitation rights in april 1998. He has not payed even a dime in support since we slit up in 1996. Just in this last yr or so he started writing to the boys and sending them to his grams where the boys visit. My boys are 9 and 10. My ques is my boyfriend of 5yrs would like to adopt them when we finally can get married. How can I get his rights terminated? Any suggestions?? I can prove he is has been violent and he even had a child with a 13 yr old girl when he was 23 no one ever did a thing about it her parents didn't care. thanks all

Joejoe1

You need to get a lawyer. for what I understand it doesn't take much to prove to the court that a father is unfit. If he has given up his vistation rights and has not given financial support for at a least a year, that's grounds to terminate his parental rights, even if he contest it. It's very simple it will cost you a bit but in the long run it is well worth it.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">