• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach of confidentiality?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mad8799

What is the name of your state? WV

I applied for a job with my current company, a promotion in the same dept., and was not offered the position. During the period that my application was being considered, my manager who was hiring for the position disclosed to several co-workers, in my presence, my application for the position. What legal options do I have given the situation outlined above and is does the law guarentee or imply confientiality during the hiring process?

Thanks!

Beth3

What legal options do I have given the situation outlined above None whatsoever.

and is does the law guarentee or imply confientiality during the hiring process? Not even close.

From a legal standpoint, there is absolutely nothing confidenial about your having applied for another position.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Even if it were, you have not described any legally recognized damages that you have suffered from the release of the information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">