• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is there any way i can get ssi for baby that will be born in july?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xoxsosefinaxox

What is the name of your state?texas, but i've just moved here from florida on the 26th.

i lived with my fiancee in florida. we were planning on getting married and we had a baby on the way. everyone knew us as husband and wife. he died february 20 in jacksonville florida and i was wondering if there was any way i could get SSI for the baby.

xoxsosefinaxox

i don't believe that there was any retained tissue from the autopsy. I did retain a lock of his hair after his death. Could that be used for a DNA test?? His family would say that it was my fiancee's child. What about getting a DNA test using his brothers DNA? I do have a sweater that hsort of has his blood on it from a cut on his hand a day before he died. I ran it through the washer though but you can still see where the three blood spots were. Would that work? This is all I've got.

rmet4nzkx

Call Social security and see what the requirements are. Sometimes it is possible to use siblings to confirm DNA testing, so you also have hair or tooth brushes, shoes? Sometimes the problem is in the chain of custody. Do the police have any evidence? Having his family's permission is very important.

xoxsosefinaxox

i dont know if the police has any evidance. Yes, I do have a lock of his hair, no shoes or toothbrushes though. And just before the funeral his family told me that they would help in any way to help me get SSI. They were the ones that first told me to try to get it so I could have help for the baby. They know I dont have any way to support this baby on my own and that i would need to rely on organizations and charities. anything that was out there. I'll go over to the SS building and ask them what all i would need.

bjl1105

xoxsosefinaxox said:
What is the name of your state?texas, but i've just moved here from florida on the 26th.

i lived with my fiancee in florida. we were planning on getting married and we had a baby on the way. everyone knew us as husband and wife. he died february 20 in jacksonville florida and i was wondering if there was any way i could get SSI for the baby.
Proving paternity is needed. Check out SSA website regarding this subject:

http://policy.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0200306001

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">