• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was hit by a car on a crosswalk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Janese

What is the name of your state?CA
how are damages determined after being hit by a driver who was making a left turn onto the one way street which I was crossing (on a green light on a crosswalk with my friend.) The driver drove over my left foot, resulting in severe bruising. Although, no bones were broken, I could not walk normally for two months. Her insurance company has contacted me to offer a settlement. My medical bills totaled $2800.00, which my insurance covered.
What should i ask for?

You Are Guilty

Janese said:
how are damages determined after being hit by a driver who was making a left turn onto the one way street which I was crossing (on a green light on a crosswalk with my friend.) The driver drove over my left foot, resulting in severe bruising. Although, no bones were broken, I could not walk normally for two months. Her insurance company has contacted me to offer a settlement. My medical bills totaled $2800.00, which my insurance covered.
What should i ask for?
Lakers tickets?

jity

Janese said:
What should i ask for?

Only a court of law can determine damages. I'm only guessing what is reasonable in your case, but it doesn’t matter what I say – it’s they say, I agree, or – you counter say and they accept or…. You see my point – What I think would be fair, the insurance company might disagree the entire settlement and your only choice is to sue in proper person or higher an attorney.

If AND IF you win with a high percentage (some states share a common %) e.g. I saw the car and it did not appear to slow down when it should have so I stepped in front of the car.

Your damages depend on other factors also. Did you miss work, How many times did you go to a doctor? How many months were you treated? $2,800 seems rather excessive for an injury with no broken bones. If you successfully sue for the medical portion, you would have to reimburse your insurance company. – In your case, since you stated nothing else $3500.00 would be a fair and final settlement in my eyes.

Also, your witness is biased - do you have another?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">