• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to fix WRONG Arrears balance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ibahowell

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

Can someone help me with how to fix a wrong arrears balance... I have already went to the Office of the Attorney General and they are no help even though they have record of pymts they were just listed under a wrong case # and we are in the process of fixing a small portion of the balance. Who can I go to with out getting a lawyer... If we get a lawyer it will cost us the difference to pay a lawyer. I have excellent records, but know one will talk, or help. They just run me around in circles. I know that this happends to alot of people so I would keep up with everything.

ibahowell

BL

Not sue about TX , but us Northerners can file a Modification Petition with an actual Court , take our proofs , and get the relief we deserve . .

TX have that ? or do you need to ring the AG's neck ?

Phnx02

ibahowell said:

Can someone help me with how to fix a wrong arrears balance... I have already went to the Office of the Attorney General and they are no help even though they have record of pymts they were just listed under a wrong case # and we are in the process of fixing a small portion of the balance. Who can I go to with out getting a lawyer... If we get a lawyer it will cost us the difference to pay a lawyer. I have excellent records, but know one will talk, or help. They just run me around in circles. I know that this happends to alot of people so I would keep up with everything.

ibahowell
How much money are you talking about? Did you pay all the arrears but it was credited to someone else's case?

mike2000

ibahowell said:

ibahowell
check out this website the answer may be there they tell you how to go about it.http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/. they have alot of answers why they dont help you.and how to take care of it. hope this helps you.

questionable10

Good luck. We have had the same problem with the AG in Texas. We tried to straighten it out for about 3 years and we finally solved it by taking the ex back to court and having a judgement entered against my husband in the amount of the actual arrearages. The TX AG tacked on about $15,000 that was not owed and their reply to our request as to why was "We're the attorney general and we can do whatever we want".

Once again, good luck!

ibahowell

Currently they show his arrears balance is about 3000, it should be about 1200. So 1800 difference. It would cost a lot to use a lawyer and since I have excellent records I can do it myself if I can get on the right track of what to file. His balance stems from him being unemployed and they would not temp. modify his monthly support. He pays for 1 child, and we have two together. The court pretty much said that they only care about the one before the court. They dont care that he has two other to support as well. Frustrating, but what can you do. I just want them to fix their errors.

How it happened... The AG took the case because his ex got mad that he lost his job and fell behind a few weeks so they took the case and changed the number. So he had two case numbers because they never closed the first one once the AG took it. So when he got his job back the employer sent in $ on the old case and then finally started sending it under the new case. Well the AG has records of both cases and payments, and the CP got all the money, but anything paid to the old case was not credited to my husband. This is HARD for me to believe since it took them all of one minute to find the $ when we had our meeting. So now the AG said we can only go back so far since there was another judgement entered (we went back to court over medical) BIG MESS, but they see their mistakes and all we can do is wait???

The AG has stated that they know the balance is wrong...but it is "out of their hands" I guess that goes back to we are the AG and we can do what we want.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">