• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doctor bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

busterreynolds

What is the name of your state?
Alabama: Are doctor bills covered by child support---I've been paying half of the doctor bills and child support, but have been told that doctor bills are covered under child support...

ibahowell

I am in Texas, and my husbands divorce decree specifically outlines this. He carries insurance and is responsible for 50% of UNINSURED cost.... I am not sure what your court order states.

ibahowell

VeronicaGia

busterreynolds said:
Alabama: Are doctor bills covered by child support---I've been paying half of the doctor bills and child support, but have been told that doctor bills are covered under child support...
What does your court order say? If it says you are to pay a percentage of uninsured medical, then you have to pay. If not, then not, however, if you stop paying, and you are not currently court ordered to pay, you can bet the other parent will take this back to court and get it court ordered.

Phnx02

busterreynolds said:
It all depends on what your orders say. Generally, child support is totally seperate from medical bills/expenses. Most orders state that a NCP must pay a certain dollar amount in CS every month. In addition, it's usually ordered that one or the other parent must provide health insurance at all times. And for any uninsured medical expenses....including dental, eyecare, & behavioral health, each parent is responsible for 50% of these costs.

inovermyhead

I am in florida and it does depend on what the stipulation says. I carry the insurance through my work since dad had none and that is all it says. As far as co-pays and scrips, I pay for them since it says nothing about him doing so. I consider it part of his support payment..

I am in NY/NJ. He is to keep insurance on the kids and we are to split the unreimbursed bills 60/40. It is listed in my divorce.

Am I the only one that has a 60+ page divorce?

joan marie*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">