• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

italy

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Basically just a short question. A friend of mine just left prison (3 weeks ago). He was sentenced for possesion of drugs and spend 6 month in prison. As far as I know was his full charge 1 1/2 to 2 years. Since he figured that staying in Philly he'd be relapsing he - after having a conversation with his po about transferring his probation to another state and being told to stay at least another month there - he left Pennsylvania. (It's his second time violating a probation)
I know that this violation might get him back into jail, but I also know that trying to convince him to straighten stuff out and go back is useless.
My question is now how he might get caught (by which formalities like finding a job, issuing an id etc.) and if the state is really willing to spend a lot of mony for a person who - maybe - at that time gonna be stable. Plus if there is any possibility to contact his po, explaining the situation and get his probation transferred to wherever he's living now - without having to go back. Plus how much time is he facing in case that he gonna get caught (is there any law which gets you in more trouble the longer you're trying to hide???
Any answer'll be apprecciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">