• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Support/ Status Change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hayley"s mom

What is the name of your state?Ohio
My question is: I was working and having my support taken directly out of my check, my work status has changed and my support doesn't have to stop, however I will be Self paying by money order. Does this require going to court or can I just inform the bureau of support that I will be self paying, and give them the date that I would start sending a money order? I'm sure there are some things that have to be included on the money order such as case # etc. I just wondered if I should have my attorney file something or if I can do it myself>>> :confused:

VeronicaGia

hayley"s mom said:
What is the name of your state?Ohio
My question is: I was working and having my support taken directly out of my check, my work status has changed and my support doesn't have to stop, however I will be Self paying by money order. Does this require going to court or can I just inform the bureau of support that I will be self paying, and give them the date that I would start sending a money order? I'm sure there are some things that have to be included on the money order such as case # etc. I just wondered if I should have my attorney file something or if I can do it myself>>> :confused:
So you're saying you're unemployed right now? If so, send personal checks to the same address that your employer was using. Include your account number, and the fact that this is child support.

If you are unemployed, when you get a new job you need to inform the bureau of support of your new employer so they can send them a new court order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">