• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying NE state tax on K1 but not 1099R

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ILoveFrodo

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi,
My question is,why do I have to pay Nebraska state income tax on a K1 and not a 1099R? Both incomes were earned in Nebraska yet the 1099R always has the state i'm residing in under state income tax rather than Nebraska.Since I live in Florida where there is no state income tax i'm wondering why I have to continue to pay Nebraska state tax on the K1.
thanks for any help :)

Snipes5

No, I meant the property or whatever is held by the Estate, not the place that manages it.

If there is Nebraska property in the Estate, you will pay Nebraska tax.

Snipes

ILoveFrodo

thanks :) As far as I know all that is in her estate are stocks,bonds,mutual funds.No property,cars anything like that :)

Snipes5

Then your next step would be to ask this question of the firm that prepared the Estate Return and K-1.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">