• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I chase the Dead Father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevzilla

What is the name of your state? In Oregon USA
As an adult do I have the right to have a test to establish blood linage with a male grandparent done if both parents are deceased?

chevzilla

I was raised by my mother untill she died when I was seven.I was not known to my father as he was married to someone elses mom.The family isn't to sure what to think and I have befriended one of my susposed 1st cousins. Im trying to be as respectful as possible but my curiosity is killin me! I finally got to see some picks of dad but I was only fortunate to get one. There was some DNA testing done prior to my birth with the oldest out of wedlock child locally. Or so I am too believe.Could this be an avenue of help?

BL

You want to be kissing cousins ? , is that it ?

Why does your subject State that you want to chase a dead person ?

Only in heaven ,or a movie , I imagine . :)

Last edited:

chevzilla

Someday I hope to KNOW what my family linage is and what genitic flaws I'm subject too. Not Knowing who your Father is a bit of a sad state considering the status of todays information age...You would think people would be more helpful to find blood family. Being raised with no father also makes it more difficult to understand my role as a father...Thanks for the help!!! And I wouldn't want to kiss my Male 1st cousin...he's bigger than me !

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

If all you want to do is see if you are related and they are willing, you can pay for a private DNA test.

If you are trying to see if you are related to a specific bloodline, some sites offer those tests.

If you are trying to establish your percentage of native American blood, there are tests for that.

A

absconder

Scrathin my head here,huh. Im wondering if Bill Gates is my long lost daddy? Is there a test to see if Im sane? I think im on to an angle here...............

rmet4nzkx

absconder said:
Scrathin my head here,huh. Im wondering if Bill Gates is my long lost daddy? Is there a test to see if Im sane? I think im on to an angle here...............
Maybe you are related to Ken Jennings?

LdiJ

chevzilla said:
What is the name of your state? In Oregon USA
As an adult do I have the right to have a test to establish blood linage with a male grandparent done if both parents are deceased?
Have you made any kind of contact with the possible grandfather? Perhaps he would want to know as well if there was some reasonable basis for your desire to have answers. I suspect that most grandparents (particularly if their own child was deceased) would want to know if they had a grandchild.

However if the grandparent is opposed...then no, there is nothing that you can do to force a DNA test.

chevzilla

The humor is greatly apreciated!

I have not yet contacted the grandad due to my own silly fears.I pray that first meeting with grandad to goes smoothly.The inital meeting was with the grandmother and the two brother of my poss. dad. They seemed to take it well...one brother is a Dept.Sherrif and the other is self employed.The granddad retired . One possitive thing, there are 5 other kids I have not met yet.

Why would a family in the 60's pay a mother of an illegitamate child to adopt that child out? THis is a story the oldest child < 2 yrs older than me> has stated.

Does it matter if there was a DNA test done in the past with dad?

Absconder good luck with Mr. Gates. And his lairyerz would want you to have that sanity test!

I've never been accused of being sane before... :D

rmet4nzkx

If there was a DNA test in the past with the potential Dad then there might be a way to compar to that is the records are available or comparasions to either siblings or grandfather. Remember, your father was married at the time, that may have been the reason you were adopted out, there is a possibility that you are not his and there is another father our there. Are any of the possible siblings willing to do a DNA test? Have you contacted a DNA testing firm to fet the particulars?

nextwife

chevzilla said:
Why would a family in the 60's pay a mother of an illegitamate child to adopt that child out? THis is a story the oldest child < 2 yrs older than me> has stated.
For the same reason families in many other countries still place children with adoptive families or orphanages: back in the 60s, and still now in many places, there is a "stigma" about illegitamacy. It is still not socially accepted in many places, and an out of marriage birth can be construed as bringing "shame" on the family.

I am told that was part of the reason my daughter was in her orphanage.

chevzilla

So now I can prove that I am the illegitimate child of this father. Do I have a right to collect child support from the fathers estate? If the grandfather passes do I have a right to claim my fair share of the millions? Is it time to seek a lawyer?

Veronica1228

chevzilla said:
So now I can prove that I am the illegitimate child of this father. Do I have a right to collect child support from the fathers estate? If the grandfather passes do I have a right to claim my fair share of the millions? Is it time to seek a lawyer?
So what you are saying is that you were lying to members on this website. You weren't just "curious" or wanting to know for medical/genetic reasons. You wanted money. Why didn't you just say so in the first place?

chevzilla

This has been an ongoing story... there was no "lying" going on ... I just today Met with the grandparents and was barretted by the oldest son...I went to the house to get pictures and some storys as to who my father was... He riddiculled me in such a way as to upset me and degrade my fathers memory in my eyes... He basically dared me to try to become part of the family... In his words "this is a closed family" and it was up to me to prove that iI belonged to it with no help from them...My half sister agreed too help me prove the fact today after she was made aware of this meeting...And having some stranger add to the greif is not a comforting thing...Only and idiot would kick you when your already down...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">