• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tomass

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Ohio Is it legal to ask for a list of prescription drugs taken on an employment application? Are you required to answer if so?

Beth3

At a minimum, that is an extremely ill-advised question but knowing what kind of position the person is applying for may have a bearing.

pattytx

I agree with Beth (as I usually do). If the job involves public safety, like driving a bus, or operating dangerous machinery, such as a meat slicer or lathe, I could understand a question like "are you currently taking any medications that could impair your ability to do your job safely?" However, just to ask outright without relating it to a particular job requirement is, in my mind, problematic at best. Especially if you are just in the application or interview stage.

Beth3

Asking that question certainly could give rise to a violation of the ADA but as we both are thinking, the type of work the person is applying for could make a difference. It's still a really poor question to ask at that stage of the game however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">