• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Simple quick question!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lunnabiddy

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I know that a warrant is going to be issued for me quite soon and I want to know when I turn myself in, if I should have a lawyer accompany me to the booking. Is this common practice…or is this not necessary? :confused:

fedcop110

I know that a warrant is going to be issued for me quite soon and I want to know when I turn myself in, if I should have a lawyer accompany me to the booking. Is this common practice…or is this not necessary?
Your attorney will not be allowed into the booking area.

Heather2

lunnabiddy said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan
I know that a warrant is going to be issued for me quite soon and I want to know when I turn myself in, if I should have a lawyer accompany me to the booking. Is this common practice…or is this not necessary? :confused:
I'm not a lawyer but I think it depends on the seriousness of the charge and if your bail has been set (mine was) before you turn yourself in. If it isn't a serious charge you won't really need a lawyer to negotiate bail but if it is something they will interogate you about a lawyer would be handy.

willitkeep

don't do it.

have your attorney go with you to the court that issues the warrant. serious does not matter. do not go to the jail you will be in the system and it is hard to deal with a legal matter from jail attorney or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">