• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JeepGal

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ca.

My ex-husband has applied for modification in child support. His grounds are that I don't spend time with them. We have joint physical custody. Two weeks on and two weeks off durring the summer. Every other weekend during school years.

The first year was a mutual agreement, not court ordered. He put them in summer camp. I did not get to see them.

I took him to court and visitation was orederd as above. For the last two years he has put them in summer school. They play football and other sports, have football practice during the end of summer, so I am led to believe. Their grades are better, so no need for summer school. He will be putting them in weight training instead. My oldest daughter helps to keep me informed on how they are doing when she goes to visit. They are upset that I don't call them. But the thing is, is that I do call them but their father states otherwise. I call to make arrangements to pick up our sons. He will not return my calls. My children are not allowed to phone me. I have asked for a schedual regarding their sports so that we can work around them. He will not give me one. The last day that I had seen them was Christmas 2004.

So I guess my question is this, "How do I prove this to the courts." I have court this month and cannot afford a lawyer. Will I have to pay more regardless?

He tried to modify last year and the DA wanted $495. and were trying to get support for three children when they both knew the third child was living with me.

Your advice is most welcome. Thank you so much. Also are they of legal age to live with me if that is what they want? They are 14 and 16 years of age.

Sincerely, JeepGal

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">