• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I report my employer to IRS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbvol

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I think my Employer is cheating the IRS...

They expense their personal vacations to the company.
They do not value there inventory correct to the IRS.
They pay family members pay checks, but they never work.
When we give to a chairity at the end of the year the company has us write a check to them, that way they deduct the whole amount.
They have equipment that should be listed as an asset but they call it expensed items. How do I report without me having to give my name?

Beth3

They expense their personal vacations to the company. That's not necessarily illegal.

They do not value there inventory correct to the IRS. Possibly fraudulent.

They pay family members pay checks, but they never work. That's not illegal. If this is a privately held company, they can put whomever they wish to on the payroll regardless of whether they ever worked a day.

When we give to a chairity at the end of the year the company has us write a check to them, that way they deduct the whole amount. That's not necessarily illegal.

They have equipment that should be listed as an asset but they call it expensed items. Ya got me there. I don't know enough about GAAP to comment.

How do I report without me having to give my name? Anyone can make an anonymous tip to the IRS.

Be advised though that much of what you have listed above isn't illegal or may not be illegal. It depends entirely on how the company is incorporated. If it's an "S" corp, then that has a major bearing on most of these issues, except for the improperly valued inventory and the assets v. expensed items.

S

seniorjudge

sbvol said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I think my Employer is cheating the IRS...

They expense their personal vacations to the company.
They do not value there inventory correct to the IRS.
They pay family members pay checks, but they never work.
When we give to a chairity at the end of the year the company has us write a check to them, that way they deduct the whole amount.
They have equipment that should be listed as an asset but they call it expensed items. How do I report without me having to give my name?
If they are cheating and they are put out of business, where will you get a job?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">