• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are our rights? 2 issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dagloman

:cool: What is the name of your state? Florida

A former employer thinks he's found the ex employee who was stealing from our store. I was a manager there for 2 years and on good standing. The person involved is an old friend of mine and let's base this convo on him being 100% innocent (I think so). A detective has called me, as long as other managers and asked us to give a recorded statement. Do I have to do it? I don't know anything honestly, so I don't see how it would hurt, but if i refuses or someone else did. What happens then? Can the police supeana whomever they wish for anything 6 months later even though there is no proof...so far all hearsay from other employees.

2nd sure this has been answered 100 times before on here....if you get pulled over, can you refuse to let them search the car? if so, what happens next....can they legally keep you there....i know theres a ton of BS things they say to try and make you look guilty, but whats the deal with the whole process...thanks

CdwJava

dagloman said:
A detective has called me, as long as other managers and asked us to give a recorded statement. Do I have to do it?
Do you HAVE to? No.

Can the police supeana whomever they wish for anything 6 months later even though there is no proof...so far all hearsay from other employees.
Yes, you can be supoenaed.

if you get pulled over, can you refuse to let them search the car?
Yes.

if so, what happens next....can they legally keep you there....i know theres a ton of BS things they say to try and make you look guilty, but whats the deal with the whole process...thanks
They can detain you for as long as necessary to take of issues involved in the detention. In that time they could bring a dog out to run by your car, or, they can make an arrest (if they have probable cause) and the search the car.

There are a variety of things they can try ... whether they ultimately work in court is another matter.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">