• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sue for back support with out order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FL12345

What is the name of your state?Florida
I recently allowed my daughter to move to Ohio, for the past 10 years I have received no support in order for my daugter now 14 to travel paid by mother. of course the sides are turned and I am paying. can I back sue for anything the order stated waived. additionally I have experienced sever alienation to include a CPO for DV filed from Ohio where I have not visited for years ( LF resident). I am currently in proceedings to get visitaition and she has actively blocked every attempt. Any options here? Can civil action be taken for false testimony, defamation, and cost for all of this..

BelizeBreeze

YOu are asking questions that would require a thorough review of your case to give a valid answer.

However, the one answer that CAN be given is on the back child support. And that answer is NO. Without a valid order the IS no back child support.

rm1759

BelizeBreeze said:
YOu are asking questions that would require a thorough review of your case to give a valid answer.

However, the one answer that CAN be given is on the back child support. And that answer is NO. Without a valid order the IS no back child support.

Actually, BB, that is not 100% accurate. Florida statutes do allow for 2 years of back child support if there is NO current child support order. However, that point is mute for this poster now since he no longer has physical custody.

OP, are there any current orders for custody/child support? Has paternity even been established?

BelizeBreeze

rm1759 said:
Actually, BB, that is not 100% accurate. Florida statutes do allow for 2 years of back child support if there is NO current child support order. However, that point is mute for this poster now since he no longer has physical custody.

OP, are there any current orders for custody/child support? Has paternity even been established?
and you would be wrong. I suggest you carefully read the original post. And then tell me why the relevant answer does not depend on statutory reference.

rm1759

BelizeBreeze said:
and you would be wrong. I suggest you carefully read the original post. And then tell me why the relevant answer does not depend on statutory reference.

The statute only applies if there is no current order. In fact, I believe the statute only applies when you are initially establishing paternity. We have no facts from the OP whether either of these has been done, although it does appear that there may be a support order in effect since he is paying. If that is the case, then the florida statute does not apply to this case.

BelizeBreeze

rm1759 said:
The statute only applies if there is no current order. In fact, I believe the statute only applies when you are initially establishing paternity. We have no facts from the OP whether either of these has been done, although it does appear that there may be a support order in effect since he is paying. If that is the case, then the florida statute does not apply to this case.
can I back sue for anything the order stated waived.
and what does that tell you? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">