• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long-term consequences?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Treygn

What is the name of your state? AL

What are the consequences now that my homeowner's insurance has decided to drop my coverage? I have never filed a claim. I'm already searching for a new insurance company and I'm running into some problems. I've been told that it will affect my insurability for the rest of my life. Is that true? Refer to my entry dated March 24 if you want to know the details regarding why I'm being dropped.

claimlaw

I don't know what the rules are on reporting your information through CLUE. They may bear some resemblance to the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Nonetheless, I'm the guy that gave you the "protect your CLUE report" speach and I cannot imagine that the information is kept that long. I am assuming you don't have a malignant tumor.

Anyway, getting cancelled isn't a great big deal. You can get beyond that with a good agent and some attention to detail, I would think.

BTW: I was told yesterday that you can appeal information reported on your CLUE report. Also, CLUE isn't the only one. There is PILR and a few others that collect and disseminate consumer data to the insurance industry and probably CIA.

Maybe there is an underwriter or CPCU lurking here that can answer some of these questions. I have concerns about this very subject.

Good luck.

Claimlaw.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">