• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dallas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dallas12

New Hampshire.
I have recieved a letter saying a warrent has been issued for my arrest due to not being able to pay a lawyer in full for services. Can I be arrested for this?

willitkeep

theft of service

if the attorney kept his end of the deal. well that doesn't matter. it is people like you who do not pay their bills that breaks the trust for other that need time to pay out legal expenses. here's hoping you get caught and the attorney sticks it to you.

JETX

dallas12 said:
I have recieved a letter saying a warrent has been issued for my arrest due to not being able to pay a lawyer in full for services. Can I be arrested for this?
If by 'this', you mean not paying a bill, the answer is no. Not paying a bill is a civil matter, not criminal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">