• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

?Injured at work on someone elses prop.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

willitkeep

What is the name of your state?South Carolina, I was delivering furniture to furniture store x. I am not an employee of furniture store x. I was standing on the outside of the building when a sofa fell out of the building and struck me on top of the head. When I got medical treatment they said I had a concussion. Whent to see my own doctor he sent me for CT scan. He says i have suffered a tramatic brain injury. I am suffering memory problems I get dissoriented easily. I have contacted the store and they will not return phone calls or talk to me. Do I have grounds to sue? I am being covered by workmans comp but my employer is subrogating against the store for all damages they pay out. :confused:

Last edited:

Beth3

You should speak to a worker's compensation or personal injury attorney. While you can't sue your own employer, it's possible you may be able to bring a claim against the store where you were injured for third party liability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">