• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

decision based on what u look?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duckieswim

What is the name of your state?
California

Hello,
I recetly filled out an application for a retail company. The application stated that the day that I would go to turn it in, I would get an interview (they were hiring at that time). Well the day that I went to go turn it in, the receptionist looked at me like I was a big joke, told me that they didnt go "same day interviews," took the application and told me that they would give me a call back in a week. She was just rude all around. Well 2 weeks passed, no call backs, so I called them and told me that my application was taken into consideration. I'm very well experienced in the retail business and I have noticed that they have hired people that I feel are not as well qualified as I am. Is there something that I can do? I feel that the lady who took my application might have thrown it away before anyone in management could take a moment to look at it.
Is there anything that I can do?

Thanks,
duck

Beth3

The application stated that the day that I would go to turn it in, I would get an interview (they were hiring at that time). Okay but it's also entirely possible lthat the day you turned it in, the individual(s) who does the interviewing was not available.

I'm very well experienced in the retail business and I have noticed that they have hired people that I feel are not as well qualified as I am. Candidates don't determine who is qualified for a job and who should be hired. That's up to the employer.

I feel that the lady who took my application might have thrown it away before anyone in management could take a moment to look at it. That's very unlikely.

Is there anything that I can do? No. At the present time, they're not interested in talking to you. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">