• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

STD and changing jobs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randia

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am currently on STD from a surgery. I am due to go back to work on 4/4.
However, while out I was offered another job, which I would love to accept. I told them I would need to give 2 weeks notice to my current employer on 4/4. A friend said I might want to make sure my current empl could not make me pay back the benefits I was paid while out on leave.
My question is: By going back to work for 2 weeks, am I covering any requirements or can they take money back from me? (I did browse thru my benefits info and could not find anything that covered that question.)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless your STD policy specifically give the employer the authority to ask you to repay benefits if you leave (and in 25 years I have NEVER seen a plan with this provision) they cannot. Regardless of whether you go back to work for two weeks or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">