• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

angry neighbor calling in false police reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jillg

What is the name of your state? Florida
I live on an nice quiet street with one major drawback on my street, a really bad neighbor.
She had called authorities 3 times this week on my family members. She called because some children were quietly talking in the street near her home, not loud, just talking. She called police back when they would not respond and falsely claimed that my 18 year old honor-role college student put a “soda” on her car. When the police arrived, he was asleep at home and a full soda can, sat on the bumper of her car. The police came to the door apologizing, and referred to her as “the crazy woman that causes trouble.” She calls in many times each week against all neighbors, and the authorities respond. Every call is just another harassment, venting her unhappiness. How can I get any peace at home? Is there any recourse for lying, hate-filled neighbors making false accusations?

jillg

she called animal control today

False claims, non-stop! The officers do not file any complaints with names, however, I am tired of answering the door with a cop on the other side of it. She once called the police to inform them of one neighbor with the wrong sized wheels on a baby stroller! I have at least eight others on this street with the same problem. We all want this stopped!

ms.magoo

angry neighbour calling false police reports

Here's a suggestion from a laywoman, lol. If she is complaining not only on you an your family but the other neighbours on the street, its time to take some action against her crap. I'd be taking down notes on everything she calls in, the dates of the police coming to your house, as well as the other neighbours, get them to do the same thing as well. Then with all of your evidence in hand, go to a lawyer and show him it all. Ask the lawyer to take this matter to a civil court, to ask the Judge to put a sieze an desist Order on that bad neighbour, an make sure that the Order states that the police have the ability to enforce that Order when she decides to call them an whine again on false pretenses. This might just make her decide to shudup or maybe even move to another area where she might continue her bothering on some other poor neighbours, but at least she'll already have a civil and maybe criminal record to show her bad background of continual harrassment of people she lives around. Just an idea. Oh an seemings she is doing this to a bunch of you, it shouldn't cost as much if ya all share in the lawyer's fee's. Good luck to ya all !!!

ms.magoo

Oh I fergot to say one thing that I find is not the best advice on this post. Sorry John se, but if they go an turn off her water in the middle of the night, it will be the nice neighbours that will come out with "dirty hands" in a court of law, an not her. :eek:

A

absconder

Isnt making a false police report a crime in itself?

ms.magoo

Not unless it's proven. You have to have it in writing, an then prove her wrong (in court) an then it would become malicious prosecution, I think. I'm still waking up, lol.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">