• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pre-employment access to medical records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nredden

What is the name of your state? California. I've been offered a job at a Kaiser Hospital. My pre-employment physical is tomorrow. They want me to sign a form giving the examiner and HR dept. full access to my entire Kaiser chart, all ten years of it. This feels wrong; is it?

Beth3

No. Since an offer has been extended, the employer is now free to require a physical and assure themselves of your physical ability to do the job. They may also review your past medical history. If the hospital is smart though, they will limit access to all this info solely to the physician/department charged with making this assessment and all the doctor will report to Human Resources is whether you are or aren't physically able to do the job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">