• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1000.00 to have a jury hearing??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike Krausman

What is the name of your state? Texas

Is this right? Went to court today and was told I need to pay 1000.00 if I want a jury trial. Seems wrong, thought trial jury was a "right". Anyone know about this?

racer72

And who is suppose to pay for the trial you want? The taxpayers? Haha. There is nothing violating your rights, it will just cost you.

PS: I bet you didn't know that court appointed attorneys are not free. Folks that want one usually have to pay for them. The only exeptions are the extremely poor and destitute. Welcome to the real world.

S

seniorjudge

Mike Krausman said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Is this right? Went to court today and was told I need to pay 1000.00 if I want a jury trial. Seems wrong, thought trial jury was a "right". Anyone know about this?
Civil or criminal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">