• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid Taxes, Then Abandoned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dayzbegn

What is the name of your state? NJ

My ex-husband filed 1996 through 1999 income taxes as a self employed truck driver (joint return with myself) and in 2001 he left me and my son with unpaid back taxes for those years plus other outstanding debt. Now per the IRS, I am forced to pay either the entire amount or file a compromising document to come to an agreement as to which amount I'm held liable for. I have been diagnosed with Lupos since the 80's and have been unable to work until recently due to my ex-husband leaving myself and my son. I filed an innocent spouse relief and the IRS declined my claim due to "I signed the 1040's" with my ex-husband. I was unaware of what I was signing due to my condition, as well as my ex-husband being abusive, I dare not ask what I'm signing. The IRS really has no compassion for my situation at all. I stated my case to them time after time and my income is just enough to pay the mortgage and with some money left to put the food on the table. My son works as well and pays utilities and a few other bills as needed around the house. Can someone please help me....

Thanks you..

Snipes5

You need to hire a professional to help you. Go to an H&R Block Office (after April 15th). It's a good place to start.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">