• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

e-man

I live in Idaho. I worked as a property manager in Idaho for a company located in Montana. I had an employment contract with them and I was wrongfully terminated from this job. I have filed suit against them in the State of Idaho. My question is : Since the laws are different in Montana could I also file suit against them in the State of Montana?What is the name of your state?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You'll have to show your contract to an attorney in your state to see whether or not you can file suit in EITHER state. We can't interpret a contract we haven't read, and the terms of the agreement could very well limit where and when you could sue them. Or it could not. Only someone who has read the agreement will be able to tell.

e-man

Wrongful termination- repy

I thank you for the quick response cbg. To clarify, my case against the company in Idaho is already set for trial in July. There is nothing in the contract stating that I can or cannot sue them. I just wanted to know if there was any law preventing me from bringing suit agaist them in both states at the same time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">