• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination-repy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

e-man

I thank you for your quick response cbg. Just to clarify : My suit against the company is set for trial in July. There is nothing in the contract that states if I can or cannot sue them. I just wanted to know if there was any law preventing me from bring suit against them in both states at the same time. What is the name of your state?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's not necessary to post a separate thread to reply. I saw your response on the original thread. My response stands: you will need to have an attorney from your state who has read the entire agreement tell you whether or not you can or should file a second suit in another state. It would not necessarily work to your advantage.

S

seniorjudge

Q: I just wanted to know if there was any law preventing me from bring suit against them in both states at the same time.

A: You can sue only one place at one time for the action you are suing about (whatever it is). If you are the plaintiff (the one bringing the lawsuit) you have to pick your venue and stick with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">