• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

millissa99

What is the name of your state? indiana my ex husband has just recieved ssi/ssd. he was recently back paid quite a sum of money in december of 2004. He had been filing for the last 4 yrs. which in turn has accumulated quite an arrearage. He hadnt been paying before steadily so he had an arrearage before filing for social security. CSE says they cant make him pay anything untill i recieve something from social security for both of my kids. and they bring him into court to modify his child support than they can collect...How true is this? He is supposed to keep insurance on them but he doesnt is there any modifacation for that? here it is april 2005 and i still havent heard any thing and i signed both children up. He has two other children with a girlfriend and when he was supposed to sign all the kids up he only claimed those two that live with him. I guess i want to know why he doesnt have to pay on the arrears he created and why wasnt his back pay intercepted.thanx millissa

BL

Intercepts are usually connected with tax returns .

The CSE unit is correct . Once you get confirmation the children are entitled to a payment from SSA on behalf of the SSDI recipient , then they can proceed .

Have you called SSA to find out the Status ?

tigger22472

As far as the insurance thing goes.. yes it should be modified. If he's receiving SSDI then he's not working, therefor not able to get insurance through an employer. It's unlikely that a judge will hold him in any kind of contempt but in turn order you to carry the insurance on them.

As far as the SS.. yes contact the SSA. However keep in mind that it won't be a lot of money. Depending on what HE brings in for himself a month, children receive half that amount and is split between the children. Is he married to the mother of the other children? She can draw off that money too. ... Example... if he brings in $1000 a month for himself, the four kids (and possibly his wife and/or gf) will split $500. $500 divided by four isn't much and is even less divided by 5.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">