• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SCAS12348

What is the name of your state?ALABAMA
I'M DIVORCED FOR 3 YEARS NOW, I DON'T GET CHILD SUPPORT, MY ALIMONY RUNS OUT IN 2 YEARS CAN I TAKE MY EX TO COURT TO EXTEND THE ALIMONY.

djohnson

What would be your change in circumstances that you would do that for? You were only awarded 5 years for a reason.

AHA

SCAS12348 said:
I'M DIVORCED FOR 3 YEARS NOW, I DON'T GET CHILD SUPPORT, MY ALIMONY RUNS OUT IN 2 YEARS CAN I TAKE MY EX TO COURT TO EXTEND THE ALIMONY.
Get a job, after all, you have 2 YEARS to get that done.

nextwife

SCAS12348 said:
CS is NOT to support the CP, it is the OPs share of the cost of raising the child.

WHY aren't you getting CS?

Is there a CO and he's NOT paying?

Are there kids, but no CO?

Are there no kids or none at home?

If there are no kids, what does CS have to do with anything? You were awarded 5 years of alimony. Use those five years to learn to support yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">