• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reverse Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qbon

What is the name of your state?
Texas

I know that as a white girl, reverse discrimination is very hard to prove.
Fortunately, there is a mountain of evidence and people who are being affected by it.
I am still looking for a great attorney.
My question is this....
I have the distinct privilege of still working there.... for now... they gave me four hours a week... one hour a day.
I figure I will stay long enough to get my discovery work done.
Can anyone tell me what information might be vital to collect in a case such as this?

Qbon

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
First of all, there is no such thing as reverse discrimination. It's either discrimination or it's not. It's just as illegal to discriminate against someone because they're white, as it is any other color.

Secondly, a case like WHAT? You have given us NO facts to go on.

ENASNI

oo ho ooo

cbg said:
First of all, there is no such thing as reverse discrimination. It's either discrimination or it's not. It's just as illegal to discriminate against someone because they're white, as it is any other color.

Secondly, a case like WHAT? You have given us NO facts to go on.

cbg... getting snippy.. I LOVE IT...

but methinks it is because of the question... gets my goat too.

there are all kinds of prejudice out there isn't there? and people just don't see it.
errg...

Almost wine time to get over this whine time, eh? ;)

A

absconder

Reverse Discrimination In The Workplace - Wrongful Termination
Reverse Discrimination In The Workplace & Wrongful Termination. Reverse discrimination
describes policies against members of a historically dominant group.
www.allisontaylor.com/wrongful_ termination/reverse_discrimination.asp - 26k - Mar 31, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

as in this smartass!!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your link doesn't work, absconder. And I still maintain that there's no such thing as reverse discrimination; discrimination against a historically dominant group is still discrimination. The laws do not offer protection only to so-called minority races; it is is illegal to discriminate on the basis of race, period, regardless of what race it is.

Enasni, got the corkscrew?

qbon

an answer to the question

I guess all blogs have their flamers huh?
I work in a substandard business school.
Where OSHA violations are apparent to both faculty and staff.
Recently all of the white people are being fired or pushed out... And being replaced by lower payed "African American" instructors and staff.
They cut most of us down to one hour a day four days a week, and giving our hours to people who just walked in. LITERALLY, one lady walked in the day of the meeting where this was announced! She got more hours than those of us who have been working there for some time!
We are supposed to come and work from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
The cost of getting there alone doesn't make much sense.
Also, my employer keeps screwing with my timeclock, and can't seem to print out what hours we are actually being payed for.
We have a former Director of Education and Law instructor who want to sue.
Along with several who are currently working there.
But it is very hard to find an attorney who is willing to handle this.
I will check out this site for more posts and questions.
I have to run right now... but I will be back.
If you are just going to flame me.... please don't bother... you are just wasting disk space..
I don't care to even read that stuff, get a life.
Qbon

ENASNI

qbon said:
I guess all blogs have their flamers huh?
I work in a substandard business school.
Where OSHA violations are apparent to both faculty and staff.
Recently all of the white people are being fired or pushed out... And being replaced by lower payed "African American" instructors and staff.
They cut most of us down to one hour a day four days a week, and giving our hours to people who just walked in. LITERALLY, one lady walked in the day of the meeting where this was announced! She got more hours than those of us who have been working there for some time!
We are supposed to come and work from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
The cost of getting there alone doesn't make much sense.
Also, my employer keeps screwing with my timeclock, and can't seem to print out what hours we are actually being payed for.
We have a former Director of Education and Law instructor who want to sue.
Along with several who are currently working there.
But it is very hard to find an attorney who is willing to handle this.
I will check out this site for more posts and questions.
I have to run right now... but I will be back.
If you are just going to flame me.... please don't bother... you are just wasting disk space..
I don't care to even read that stuff, get a life.
Qbon
So I guess my eat Sh!t and Die will go to waste.. Oh well ..dont mind flaming on you though I would rather make creme brulee

Get a life that means something.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
One of the reasons you are having trouble getting an attorney is that there is one very big element missing from your case.

That element is that in order to file a lawsuit for ANY form of discrimination, it is MANDATORY that you have a right to sue letter from the EEOC and/or your state discrimination board. You CANNOT file a lawsuit for any form of discrimination without that.

Also, recent case law requires that you go through whatever internal procedures your company may provide, before going through an outside agency.

So here are my suggestions.

Go to your HR department, if you have one; upper management if you do not. Tell them that you believe you are the victim of racial discrimination and you wish to file a complaint. Then give them a reasonable chance to act, taking in mind that it will not happen overnight.

The company's ONLY legal obligation is to make the discriminating behavior stop. They are not required to fire the instigators or place them on unpaid suspension or relocate them to a different shift/position away from you or tell you what action they take. They are required SOLELY to make the discrimination stop.

If nothing has changed in a reasonable length of time (depending on the size of your company reasonable could be anywhere from two weeks to a month) then you can file a complaint with the EEOC and/or your state's discrimination board, civil rights commission, whatever your state calls it.

It will not happen overnight at that level either. EEOC offices are woefully understaffed. It could take a year or even longer. However, it is ONLY after they have issued you a right to sue letter that you can take legal action.

Once you have the right to sue letter, you have 90 days to file a lawsuit. If you do not file one within that 90 days, you are forever barred from doing so.

ENASNI

Nope

cbg I am not gonna lie down and take it

You are too darn nice!
This person has a tude.. and better not take it out on you..
but qbon
Really whatever..GET a real grip on what this world is about.

sorry cbg..
Ok.. carry on with the legal stuff.

I just wish this boot reached to Texas..

Oh gotta take the BP pill.. errg.
cbg you so nice how do you do it.

and OP I am white and right now... so ashamed of it.. I cannot tell you :mad:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
'S okay, Enasni.

On the basis of what she's posted, I can't say that she ISN'T being discriminated against. In fact, going SOLELY by the info in her post, she's more likely to have a legal case than some of the posts I read.

If she is, then she's got the procedure to follow.

If she isn't, somewhere down the line someone with access to ALL the facts will tell her.

Attitude doesn't hurt me.

ENASNI

Yeah Ok

OK cbg

Could be me that has the 'tude anyway.

I don't know what is wrong with me lately.. I have an injury and on pain pills so lets blame that... I am jumping down a lot of throats lately luckily its on the internet not my real job.. and ooops really my daughter just came in and told me the Pope died.. so gotta go.. she cares about this stuff.
Smiles girl :)

ENASNI

Thanks

Thanks hon<
Its a second degree burn brought on by a silly 1 year old doberman details too silly to mention.. and I can't sue.. dang it he has no assets. :(
Just gonna deal with the pain hope no scar ( I am still cute want to wear those mini skirts if the come back in fashion.. I do have great legs...)
well not to hi-Jack again great advice to the OP :)

qbon

productive

Ok ... I have already reported the timeclock issue to HR. I will report the discrimination to hr... I don't think I can last a month there though.
Working 30 miles away for one hour is hardly sound financially... But I can tell them that I will be available next term, when they have more hours for me.
EEOC I can do as well.
I believe that I can go to the Texas Workforce Commission shortly regarding them shorting me on the timeclock and pulling hours right out of my shift. I appreciate the intelligent responses.. I do believe that we have a case.
The former Director of Education was told to fire the currently fired instructor while she was working there.
The reason was because he asked for something to accomodate his disability.
That alone is an EEOC violation.
Flame all you want.
I know what is going on.

heh
qbon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">