• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

privacy violated? drug screen discussed without permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scgina

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? South Carolina- On my employment drug test the HR person didn't wait until the MRO dr sent in his evaluation of my test and fired/told me i failed. I contacted the MRO dr from the lab and he concluded upon verification with my drug store that i passed my test. Needless to say they called me back the same day to tell me i wasn't fired. The HR person didn't know what he was doing. BUT, what I am upset about is that only 4 people knew about this including myself. The HR person in a safety meeting that same day reported my name, what drugs he "thought" I had in my system, and told that I failed my drugscreen. He went as far as to tell the group of about 14 employees that about 15 yrs ago I hung around with a rough bunch but he thought i'd turned my life around. Guess not. I did not give anyone permission to discuss this in a meeting or anything. In fact, if I hadn't called the lab where testing was done, I probably wouldn't have found out that the HR person jumped the gun on the test. Have I been violated? Also, how do I get a copy of my drug test results. The office did let me look at it on the computer but don't want to give me a paper copy. It is also in our drug policy that i can request a copy and receive it. I really like my job. Is it worth pursuing? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">