• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Renouncing Quit Claim Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skest

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Florida.

My partner & I own a property which is titled to us as joint tenants with full rights of survivorship.I recently gave her a quit claim deed. Subsequently, I have asked for this deed back and she has refused. As of Thursday, it does not appear that the deed has been recorded with the Clerk of Court.
Is there some way to renounce this quit claim?

JETX

skest said:
My partner & I own a property which is titled to us as joint tenants with full rights of survivorship.I recently gave her a quit claim deed. Subsequently, I have asked for this deed back and she has refused.
And of course, she doesn't have to 'undo your gift'.

As of Thursday, it does not appear that the deed has been recorded with the Clerk of Court.
Is there some way to renounce this quit claim?
Ah, a lucky break. Yep, simply give your ownership share to someone else (via quit claim) and have them file with the county. Once you no longer own your share..... the 'overlooked' filing by your partner is DOA as your quit claim to her is void due to your no longer owning that share.
An unrecorded quit claim is worthless.

nextwife

If he deeded her a half interest, he would need to deed out a FULL interest, as he still retains a half interest at this time. If he now only deeds out half (intending it to be 'her half"), she'd end up with his remaining half.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">