• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CHILD SUPPORT & WITNESS RELOCATION PRGM

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babybruce

NEW YORK STATE

My exhusband is in the witness relocation program. Our daughter is now 15 years old. I have never collected a penny of child support from him because he has always been too slippery. Although, he was court ordered to pay when she was still a very small child.

I ran into him about 4 years ago. He looked great. He was wearing expensive label clothes and had a beautiful girlfriend and drove a beautiful car. Meanwhile, I am on disabilty and cannot always afford to pay for all of my daughter's school materials, never mind small luxeries.

I know that he is in the witness relocation program because he is an idiot and flaunted his new driver's liscence in my face. Although he did not tell me what he did to get himself so deep in trouble that he has to be protected. He was rubbing it in my face that he is "untouchable" and "excempt" from child support.

I don't care that he is in the witness relocation program. It is unfair and unjust that our daughter has been deprived of her right to child support.

How can I get child support from this man?
WHere and how do I even begin?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Wow - that's a really good question. I don't know the answer to it, so my best suggestion would be to make some appointments with attorneys to see if any have some good suggestions. Many offer free consultations - or will talk to you over the phone if you catch them at a convenient time. That's where I'd start.

Maybe I'm being too simplistic, but assuming he is in a witness protection program and he has to break all ties with anyone, then he would have no legal obligation OR rights to the child, which would be like having his parental rights terminated I would think.

VeronicaGia

stepmom&mom said:
Maybe I'm being too simplistic, but assuming he is in a witness protection program and he has to break all ties with anyone, then he would have no legal obligation OR rights to the child, which would be like having his parental rights terminated I would think.
That would be my guess too. And while I doubt the court would order him to show himself and make himself and his wherabouts available for this, only an attorney can help our poster with this issue.

abstract99

Are you sure that he is in withness relocation? Or does he just have a new ID? I thought they moved those type of poeple away. They arent supposed to have comtact with any of their old ties.

babybruce

He came into town to visit his family & friends. I'm certain that he was being sneaky and not following the witness relocation rules. I doubled checked with some of his relatives and they confirmed that he is in this program.

What a mess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">