• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Law/Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BPilarski

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?North Carolina
I am presently contesting a backpay to SSI for disability for a large amount. The question is: I am getting married and can SSA come after my future wife for payment of my back debt and seize her assets?

BL

If you lose all your appeals , waiver request, Etc , most likely SSI will take back a portion of each check at a time until paid up .

What does their letter state ?

bjl1105

BPilarski said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?North Carolina
I am presently contesting a backpay to SSI for disability for a large amount. The question is: I am getting married and can SSA come after my future wife for payment of my back debt and seize her assets?
If you have already filed a waiver, SSA will make a decision based on your income and assets. If the decision needs to be appealed later, SSA can use your wifes income and assets to determine "ability to repay".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">