• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench Warrant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kellyt9899

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am in some legal trouble in Illinois. I live in the state of Florida though. They are offering me more time then I am willing to take for the charge I have. If I do not return for my next court date I was told they would place a bench waarant for me. How will this happen? Will they come to Florida to extradite me? Will it show up if I get pulled over here in Florida? What should I do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kellyt9899 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am in some legal trouble in Illinois. I live in the state of Florida though. They are offering me more time then I am willing to take for the charge I have. If I do not return for my next court date I was told they would place a bench waarant for me. How will this happen? Will they come to Florida to extradite me? Will it show up if I get pulled over here in Florida? What should I do?

My response:

You'll be fine. There's nothing like looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life. (play "The Fugitive" theme music, here)

IAAL

racer72

I know someone that was picked up in Oregon on a Montana warrant. It took Montana 44 days before they decided to not extradite. But the warrant was still in effect. Oh, and the guy spent the 44 days while someone in Montana made up their mind sitting in jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">