• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FSBO sign legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Homeowner1

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
Florida
A contractor has built a house in our neighborhood in which he has lived for 2 years and now is selling, "By Owner." I introduced myself to his wife many months ago and she told me that they do this over and over again to escape the taxes. Now, they have posted their FSBO sign at the edge of our corner lot as a direction to their house around the corner which cannot be seen from the main street. And now, we are receiving calls from people wanting to know if we are moving. They never inquired of us, even, if we would mind their sign in what may not technically be our property (easement?) but is most definitely our yard! I asked a Realtor who told me that Realtors are not allowed to post signs in other people's yards, even in the easement, :confused: without permission. This is a business for these people. Do we have to tolerate their sign? Thanks for your help.

Shel77

I may be wrong but wouldn't it depend on what the easement is for, if its for utility/drainiage that should mean only the city/stae/county has rights to it not anyone thats wants to put something there? If thats true call you city code officer he may be able to tell you how you can remove it.

Greg 2

What's the problem?? Can't we all get along?

You say they didn't ask to place it there, then either remove the offending sign and take/throw it on the owners yard, or, inform them that you charge a fee for advertising space in your yard. $150-200/month should be acceptable-in advance.
But it's an easement and not my yard you say? Try letting the grass/weeds grow about waist high and see who's yard it is.

Just do it!! They obviously weren't concerened about your feelings or being 'good' neighbors, when they placed their sign there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">