• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Road Block violation of privacy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SherylTx34

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I am in Texas...and today .got into my car ...and came up on a road block by county sherrif's dept..they were stopping all motorist that passed just to do a drivers license..registration and insurance check..I feel they violated my right to privacy..and was a HUGE hassle ..though I didnt do anything wrong or have any warrants etc. I HATE this procedure and want to know is this legal in Texas...i thought they outlawed road blocks? :mad: :confused: :(

BelizeBreeze

SherylTx34 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I am in Texas...and today .got into my car ...and came up on a road block by county sherrif's dept..they were stopping all motorist that passed just to do a drivers license..registration and insurance check..I feel they violated my right to privacy..and was a HUGE hassle ..though I didnt do anything wrong or have any warrants etc. I HATE this procedure and want to know is this legal in Texas...i thought they outlawed road blocks? :mad: :confused: :(
You can feel anything you want. As long as the roadblock was for ALL MOTORISTS, which you state it was, it was perfectly legal.

Get over yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">