• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

megan20

What is the name of your state?NY

I was reading through the child support laws and seen that for two children a man must pay 25% What happens if there are two children by two differant mothers? Do they have to split the 25%? Also does the mother with the first child get priority in court if two support cases are going on the same time for the man? Someone told me last week that the oldest child receives more support, is this true? --my child is the oldest-- Thanks M

BelizeBreeze

megan20 said:
What is the name of your state?NY

I was reading through the child support laws and seen that for two children a man must pay 25% What happens if there are two children by two differant mothers? Do they have to split the 25%? Also does the mother with the first child get priority in court if two support cases are going on the same time for the man? Someone told me last week that the oldest child receives more support, is this true? --my child is the oldest-- Thanks M
First off, a man (or woman) MUST NOT. Guidelines are just that, guidelines. The only thing the NCP (man or woman) MUST PAY is what the court decides.

Secondly, each ncp is ONLY liable for their child. THis isn't a cash cow for the custodial parent. If there are two children from different fathers,then there will be two support cases.

And whomever told you the oldest child gets the most is an idiot. The law doesn't care how old the child is. Only which order was filed first and the circumstances of the filing.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The way it generally works is that that the first support order is calculated on the full income - certain deductions. The second support order would be calculated on the full income - certain deductions - the first support amount. And so on.

BelizeBreeze

stealth2 said:
The way it generally works is that that the first support order is calculated on the full income - certain deductions. The second support order would be calculated on the full income - certain deductions - the first support amount. And so on.
You forgot about custody of the cow :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">