• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I going to go to jail? Probation? Or restraining order? Or what

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sadness05

Hi all,

I urgently need help on the following, please:

Well, there is this girl that I know, we worked for 5 months together and we were very close friends. Afterwords, she quit from her job because she stole $920 while being on probation from one girl that works with us. Anyway, I tried to help that girl not go to jail by telling the girl that got her money stolen from not to press chargers against her because she is 20 years old and don't want her to lose her future and also because we were close friends. Anyway, that girl gave the money that she stole to the police officer and now everything is done, so the police officer did not write a note to the girl's probation officer.

I went to see the girl that stole the money and talk to her outside of her work in the parking lot because I wanted to help her and because we were friends after she quit and everything was cool. Afterwords, she said that she does not want to talk to me, so when she got out of her work, I tried to find out why she does not want to talk to me, but she just kept on screaming, so she wented to go into her car, but I kind of held the door so she can't shut it. Afterwords, I followed her to her friend's house. So, on Wednesday, the same day, she went to the police station and pressed charges against me and said that I stalked her. So, on Thursday at night, the police officer called me to go down there to the station, he said that I can't go anymore near that girl because she said that I was stalking her and he said that if I went there to her work on that day, which as Thursday, I would have been arrested right now, but thank God I didn't. (on that day Thursday, I called the girl and told her that I wish her luck in her life and that this is going to be the last time I will call her or talk to her, that was around 1 oclock in the afternoon before I knew that she pressed charges against me, the police called me at night on that day).

(Bear in mind that I have NO criminal history, I have never been involved with the police before, NEVER EVER, but SHE did drugs, robbery, wrecked some girl's car and now she stole money while being on probation). I really tried to help her because everything she went through and we were friends. Oh, and two weeks before that happened, she said that we can be friends and that I can call her.

Last week, I got the letter in the mail that says I have to appear in court next week.

I have been charged with

1. Assault (don't know why)
2. Harassment (criminal)
3. telephone calls, annoying

Next to each charge, it says that the penalty is 2 and half years of imprisonment or 1000 fine)

What do you think is gonna happen? Probation? Restraining order? Or what? I live in MA

Your help is highly appreciated

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">