• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespassing or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wwex

I live in NW Florida and recently had to take my dogs back from a woman who has a house that no one lives. She has 8 different dogs enclosed in various make shift runs. Animal control has been called 3-4 times due to the fact some animals had no shelter. The law states as long as they have food and water that is all they need. She took the dogs due to apartment rules and moving out of my previous place. I called and asked for them back and said she would but was caughtin various lies while delaying my obtaining the dogs. She has a no trespassing sign on her gate and fence. I never entered her property, I backed my truck up to the fence put the tailgate down and with some coaxing was able to get the dogs to jump over the approx 4ft fence run to the gate and jump high enough for me to grab them. She has no paper work stating they were ever hers but I have all their records and ownership papers. She called the police and said I stole them while trespassing, please help with advise.

HomeGuru

wwex said:
I live in NW Florida and recently had to take my dogs back from a woman who has a house that no one lives. She has 8 different dogs enclosed in various make shift runs. Animal control has been called 3-4 times due to the fact some animals had no shelter. The law states as long as they have food and water that is all they need. She took the dogs due to apartment rules and moving out of my previous place. I called and asked for them back and said she would but was caughtin various lies while delaying my obtaining the dogs. She has a no trespassing sign on her gate and fence. I never entered her property, I backed my truck up to the fence put the tailgate down and with some coaxing was able to get the dogs to jump over the approx 4ft fence run to the gate and jump high enough for me to grab them. She has no paper work stating they were ever hers but I have all their records and ownership papers. She called the police and said I stole them while trespassing, please help with advise.
**A: your dog question has nothing to do with real estate law.

ENASNI

while

While the Guru is correct... You can delete this thread and post in jeesh... I don't know criminal law and procedure, I guess. but please post just relevant details.. need to know what happened with the police.
A lot of the the other stuff... nobody need to hear dat... KO?

hope doggies are okay. you shouldn't have given them to someone with a bad record with animals. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">