• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Intoxication647(f) Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

softvirgo

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA - SACRAMENTO

Day before yesterday I got arrested for pblic intoxication and sheriff took me to jail where i stayed for 4 hours and then they released me with a court date. They even didn't charge any bail amount and just released me after 4 hrs when I become sober.

Anyhow now my court date is very soon. I dont have anything on my records except one speeding ticket which was my first ticket and i attened traffic school for that. I am sacred what is goingt o happen to me in court. I am very very scared regarding outcome of court results.

Can anybody advice me that if I just need to pay fine or attend AA meeting or there are any chance I am going to go jail Please advice sir asap.

I would be really thanks ful to you.

CdwJava

Unless you have a bunch of priors, you are not going to go to jail for this. Chances are you will face MAYBE a small fine and some counseling ... MAYBE probation. It's rare that these cases even go to sentencing as they are usually resolved as being settled by arrest.

As with any criminal allegation, it is probably a good idea to consult with an attorney beforehand.

- Carl

softvirgo

Public Intoxication

One more thing I forgot to tell you thatsheriff gave me yellow paper as normally you get when you get tickets and thats it. on ticket they have mention 647(f) public intoxication. I haven't got any other paper or sheriff didn't tell me anything else about my charges

Do you guys think that they can put some more charges on me in court or that would be the only charge on me.

Please suggest.

Regards

softvirgo

Public Intoxication

Hello Everybody

Thanks Carl for your response. But sir still I am very very scared that when I will go to court can they directly put me in jail .

Actually I am ready to pay fine for Public Intoxication and any class but I am really scared to go to jail.

If i go to court without an attorney and jusge gave some harsh decision am I allowed to have attorney over there in court.

Sir as I told earlier also thye just kleep me for 4 hours in cell and release me without any bail amount and gave me tiocket[yellow paper] with charge 647(f) PC Public Intoxication.

Is arrest going to come in my record . Another question is that whetehr its a Class B or Class C mismendeavour.

I am really depend upon you guys to get some idea about what could be punishment.

Please respond.

CdwJava

softvirgo said:
Thanks Carl for your response. But sir still I am very very scared that when I will go to court can they directly put me in jail .
Doubtful. Until you are found guilty, they aren't going to put you in jail for public intoxication. And chances are very, very slim that they will even attach potential jail time to this.

If i go to court without an attorney and jusge gave some harsh decision am I allowed to have attorney over there in court.
If you face jail time, you will have the right to have an attorney appointed by the court. I doubt this will be the case.

Is arrest going to come in my record . Another question is that whetehr its a Class B or Class C mismendeavour.
We don't have "class" crimes in CA ... it is a misdemeanor. And yes, the arrest might show up on a criminal offender record.

- Carl

softvirgo

Public Intoxication

Sir,

Even this is my first offense. Can they still put me in jail.

Can i go to court before my court date and request for paying fine instead of hearing.

I was drunk thats 100% true and sheriff who took me knew that.

What you will suggest when I go to court I should just accept guilty. If I do that then what would be the chances they send me to jail without giving me attorney.

I am sorry I am asking you lots of questions but I am scared.

Please respond.

THANKS

CdwJava

I can't tell you what you should do in court. I can only recommend consulting an attorney and tell you that from experience the chances of you going to jail for this one offense are about as good as my winning the lottery.

- Carl

softvirgo

Public Intoxication

Hello Carl

One more question I need to ask which I forgot yesterday is that if there is difference in law if I am a Permanent resident or citizen.

Regards

CdwJava

softvirgo said:
Hello Carl

One more question I need to ask which I forgot yesterday is that if there is difference in law if I am a Permanent resident or citizen.
Criminally, there is no difference.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">