• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice badly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raxor1991

Right to search vehicle?

What is the name of your state? North Dakota

Ok, I was wondering if there was any possible to way to get the charges on this dropped or reduced a little. Me and some friends were driving and we turned off onto a country road, while turning an officer decided to follow us because "our lens covers needed replacing." Anyways once he stopped us, he asked us if we were drinking and then aftre taking the driver out of the car and checking her sobriety he continued by pulling my friend and I out of the car to search and us and the car, which ended up in him finding some cocaine and a one hitter (marij.) in a cigarette pack of mine. There wasn't any beer or anything in plain site and in my mind he had no real legal reason to search and never really stated that I had a choice in the matter either which everyone I've asked has asked if he did. I don't really know if they'll have much sympathy b/c of the cocaine but I really don't want this to mess with my future much if possible so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">