• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job evaluation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jandmeis

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Colorado I have always received a copy of my yearly evaluation at the place where I work, but this year they're saying I can't have a copy. They say there is a copy in my file and I can see it whenever I want to, but I cannot have a copy for my own records. Can they legally do this?

kevin fortuna

reason?

what is their reason for not allowing you to have a copy? it may be within their rights since it is company property, technically...

kevin fortuna

----------------
kevin fortuna

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, they can legally do this.

Nothing in either Federal or Colorado law gives you the guaranteed right to have a copy of any of the records in your personnel file. In fact, nothing in either Federal or Colorado law requires them to allow you to SEE what is in your personnel file. These records, including your performance appraisals, are company property and it is entirely up to them whether to allow you to have a copy. You do not have to be given a copy by right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">