• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nicole77

pervent a personal injury

What is the name of your state?undefinedundefinedOhio, I just moved to Ohio and set up my childrens trampoline.(so that means neighborhood children) What i'm asking is should i have there parents sign a form so if there is any injury.I would not have to pay for medical bills and if so i would need help word for word righting such a form. (SORRY BUT WE LIVE IN SUE HAPPY TIMES AND TRYING TO SAVE MYSELF SOME HEADACHE) PLEASE HELP

Last edited:

jity

Despite any release that you have the parents sign you still could be held negligent for the care of the equipment. I would recommend that you call your insurance company and advise them that you have a trampoline, and consider insuring yourself for potential damages.

You have a duty to protect anyone using this “toy” and prevent it from doing harm to others or property if reasonably known.

1. Someone could fly off and injure himself or herself. (Purchase a guard to prevent this)
2. Improper assembly – your own your own (read the warnings on the instructions)
3. During a storm it flew off going into a house or killed someone – secure it to the ground.

You already know you have a hazard. Protecting yourself in a responsible way will go a lot further then a release of liability.

You Are Guilty

Trampolines make plaintiff's lawyers veeeeeery happy (and rich). In fact, many homeowners insurance compnaies won't even insure people who have them anymore. Care to guess why?

HomeGuru

nicole77 said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedundefinedOhio, I just moved to Ohio and set up my childrens trampoline.(so that means neighborhood children) What i'm asking is should i have there parents sign a form so if there is any injury.I would not have to pay for medical bills and if so i would need help word for word righting such a form. (SORRY BUT WE LIVE IN SUE HAPPY TIMES AND TRYING TO SAVE MYSELF SOME HEADACHE) PLEASE HELP
**A: if you want to save yourself, get rid of that trampoline.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">