• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor planted 2 trees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

w5hj

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My neighbor planted two small trees today directly on our property line. I requested he move them back a few feet because they will interfer with my drive when they grow. What are my rights.

S

seniorjudge

w5hj said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My neighbor planted two small trees today directly on our property line. I requested he move them back a few feet because they will interfer with my drive when they grow. What are my rights.
If the trees are on your property, he should not have been allowed to plant them there. Tell him to move them.

w5hj

seniorjudge said:
If the trees are on your property, he should not have been allowed to plant them there. Tell him to move them.
Is there a distance he should move them? If he moves them say, just 1 foot they will be off the property line, but that is hardly the point since when they grow the branches will encoach. I guess I could trim them, but I believe that should not be my problem.

HomeGuru

w5hj said:
Is there a distance he should move them? If he moves them say, just 1 foot they will be off the property line, but that is hardly the point since when they grow the branches will encoach. I guess I could trim them, but I believe that should not be my problem.
**A: the law does not require a distance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">