• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My nutty neighbor collects junk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

Sorry if this is a repeat, I don't think my first post took.

I live in a residential neighborhood with lawns, shrubs, trees and fenced in backyards. My neighbor is a nice guy, but he collects trash. Every day he brings in broken lawn furniture, barbecue grills, scrap metal, just about anything a normal person throws out :eek:. This has been going on for so many years, that it's now just about from corner to corner of his backyard, with some piles reaching at least six feet high. Due to the way our properties are situated, I use to have to go out of my way to see it (like go up on my roof), but now it's reached the point where I can see it from ground level. There's got to be a law! I don't want to confront this screwball, or have any complaints linked back to me. Is there any way to anonymously force him to empty his salvage yard?

Some Random Guy

I assume you have no homeowners association, or else this problem would have been addressed years ago.

But have you tried going to the library and looking up your city or county laws? How about going to the city ofices and asking them? The city won't generally enforce its nuisance laws until they get complaints, so that may be th enext step for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">