• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

title lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debpat

What is the name of your state?Arizona so, as of right now I am filing for divorce after 12 years of marriage, my husband owes his ex the 18.000, I dont, thats his obligation, but we own the home together, so if he gives it to me in the divorce, and I sell it and only get 15.000 after paying off the mortgage, I get nothing because the lien for his child support is 18.000? If thats true is there anything I can do?? Why should he get his lien paid off and me and my 10 year old get nothing and have nowhere to live???HELP!!!!

LdiJ

debpat said:
What is the name of your state?Arizona so, as of right now I am filing for divorce after 12 years of marriage, my husband owes his ex the 18.000, I dont, thats his obligation, but we own the home together, so if he gives it to me in the divorce, and I sell it and only get 15.000 after paying off the mortgage, I get nothing because the lien for his child support is 18.000? If thats true is there anything I can do?? Why should he get his lien paid off and me and my 10 year old get nothing and have nowhere to live???HELP!!!!
It sounds to me like you would be better off if he kept the house (and therefore the lien) and paid you your share of the equity so that you could get other housing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">