• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just for the record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SecondWifeAZ

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?AZ

I myself am a child of divorce. Did not know it till I turned 21. My mother was one of those bad ex's. Don't get me wrong I do love my mother, but she was not a good wife.
My mother left my father when I was 8 months old. She met a wealthy man and took me in the middle of the night. We moved out of the country. My step-father was and is a great guy. He's always there for me and always will be. My real father died when I was 22, one year after I met him.
Mother divorced my step father when I was a teenager. His business was failing so she decided to move on. I remember how she would call my (step) Dad and tell him how I needed money for school trips $300.00 here and there. She would have me call at times and ask for money too, it made me upset. She used the money to travel to Vegas and Mexico with her friends.

Keep in mind my step father paid child suport on me and also paid our household bills for me and my mother voluntarily. It was never enough for her. She would have her friends over for party's and sit around insulting him. She used foul language and talk about his lack of manhood in front of me.
To this day my(step) father has had nothing but good things to say about my mother. As kids it makes a difference I respected my (step) father more becouse he never got as angry or mean as my mother did.
Kids grow up and they see things the way they really are no matter what is told to them. When the kids are used in a divorce they know it and it hurts them as well.
My (step) dad would do anything for me. But after lying for my mother for years to get money the feeling of guilt is awful. My (step) dad thinks Im perfectly independant and has never asked him for money as an adult. He just dosn't know there are times I really do need financial help but I feel I shouldn't ask. All I think about are those times with my mother yelling at me to make the call tell him you need $500.00 for piano lessons( non-existant). Then trying to find excuses not to play the piano for him.
Kids remember everything....be good...be honest

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">