• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ltandcrew

What is the name of your state? Utah
I am in the middle of a bankruptcy and divorce. My wife says see will not contest it. Everything was fine untill she tells me she wants alimony.
I take home $1800 a month She brings home $1600 a month. I will be paying $635 a month in child support. and $475 in repayment in a chapter 13. She is filing a 7. She keeps saying she cannot live on over $2200 a month. Would a judge make me pay alimony?
Thanks

BelizeBreeze

ltandcrew said:
What is the name of your state? Utah
I am in the middle of a bankruptcy and divorce. My wife says see will not contest it. Everything was fine untill she tells me she wants alimony.
I take home $1800 a month She brings home $1600 a month. I will be paying $635 a month in child support. and $475 in repayment in a chapter 13. She is filing a 7. She keeps saying she cannot live on over $2200 a month. Would a judge make me pay alimony?
Thanks
Tell your wife she is living in a dream world :rolleyes:

In fact, why don't YOU file for spousal support? :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">